Society for Applied Philosophy Annual Conference 2022
University of Edinburgh, John McIntyre Conference Centre,
July 1, 2022 1:00 pm — July 3, 2022 3:00 pm
The Society’s 2022 conference will take place in Edinburgh 01–03 July. The Call For Papers and Panel Proposals closed on Monday 17 January 2022). (Authors of papers selected for inclusion in the programme can confirm or decline intention to attend here.)
The CALL FOR PAPERS closed Monday 17 January 2022.
The outcome of the CFP was notified in (late) February / (early) March 2022.
The conference will be an in-person (non-hybrid) event.
- The conference will host up to 60 individual / co-authored papers across 12 concurrent sessions: typically 5 papers per session.
- Concurrent sessions will run for 40 mins each: 25–30 min for the speaker’s presentation, 10–15 min for Q&A.
- The conference will host up to five panels running concurrently over a two hour time slot.
- The conference will host 4 keynote speakers over 4 plenary sessions (see details below)
- Plenary sessions will run for 70 mins each: 45–50 min for the speaker’s presentation, 20–25 min for Q&A.
Annual Conference POSTGRADUATE ESSAY PRIZE
The SAP will consider applications for a postgraduate essay prize (£500) to one student for an outstanding essay submission.
Chair persons will be required for some of the sessions at the conference. Chair persons are responsible for introducing speakers during one (or more) of the concurrent sessions, ensuring the session begins and ends on time, and for chairing Q&A after the speaker’s presentation. Chair persons must hold or have held an academic position in philosophy or have completed or be a completing a PhD in philosophy.
If you are interested in being included in the programme as a chair person for one (or more) of the sessions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (please state academic position, etc. and institutional affiliation).
Confronting Categorical Fai
Tommy J. Curry
(University of Edinburgh)
(University of Arizona)
Intact: A Defence of the Unmodified Body
(University of Cambridge)
- SAP Annual Conference 2022_programme
- SAP Annual Conference 2022 abstracts (available May/Jun 2022)
Registration is now open!
The deadline for registration is 11:59pm (BST / GMT+01.00) on Tuesday 31 May 2022
Please register here.
Conference rates for 2022 (confirmed):
- Rate 1 — Full Weekend with accommodation (B&B Fri & Sat, registration, lunch, tea/coffee, dinner): £390 non members, £370 members.
- Rate 1(S) Student Full Weekend with accommodation (B&B Fri & Sat, registration, lunch, tea/coffee, dinner): £290 non members, £270 members. N.B. Rate 1(S) is only available to students who are not presenting a paper at the event. There is a fee waiver for students who are presenting at the event (registration is still required — Step 1 only)
- Rate 2 — Day Delegate Full Weekend (registration, lunches fri-sun, tea/coffee fri-sun, fri and sat dinner): £240 non members, £220 members.
- Rate 2(S) — Student Day Delegate Full Weekend (registration, lunch, tea/coffee, fri/sat dinner): £140 non members, £120 members. N.B. Rate 2(S) is only available to students who are not presenting a paper at the event. There is a fee waiver for students who are presenting at the event (registration is still required — Step 1 only)
- Rate 3 — Day Delegate Single Day (registration, lunch, tea/coffee, fri/sat dinner) £120 non members, £110 members.
- Rate 4 — Faculty Day Rate (registration, tea/coffee only, i.e. lunch, dinner not provided): £30 non members, £20 members (this option is only available to University of Edinburgh faculty staff and students).
Accommodation outlined above will be at Pollock Halls (Halls of Residence, University of Edinburgh).
TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS AND VENUE INFORMATION