The Society is proud to support a range of activities in applied philosophy, under the following headings:
- Short term postdoctoral research grants scheme 2021
- Event Funding
- Doctoral Scholarships
- Postgraduate Travel
- Further Funding
The Society and the Journal also award a range of prizes — these are listed along with previous award winners.
General notes on Society funding
- You must be a member of the Society to apply for event or further funding – see here for information about joining.
- The subject matter must fall within the area of applied philosophy. It need not be purely academic – for example, it may involve relevant practitioners, policy makers, and other non-academic parties.
- There are deadlines to apply for event funding and doctoral scholarships – see details on the relevant pages. Applications for postgraduate travel and further funding may be submitted at any time.
- Successful applicants should submit a report after the event/activity, and funds will then be paid (excepting doctoral scholarships).